PEPFAR girls as of March 2008!

PEPFAR girls as of March 2008!
Ok, Hannah's missing and Jess (far right) just went home, so we're 7

PEPFAR girls-the original group, all 12 of us!

PEPFAR girls-the original group, all 12 of us!
Training group following the swearing in ceremony at the US Ambassor's residence on Nov. 30, 2006

Monday, July 14, 2008

A request for your support

Dear family, friends and random visitors...

I am asking for your support in the last 5 months of my service. My organization and I have submitted a proposal to Peace Corps Partnership to provide internet services and computer training to local villagers. The program is expeted to eventually support itself and provide support for People Living with HIV/AIDS.

Peace Corps Partnership works like a fundraising campaign...that is why I'm asking for your help! The project has been posted on the Peace Corps website and awaits donations from friends, family and random do-gooders!

Once all the money has been raised Peace Corps will get the money to me and then I'll be able to start our project!

This is a program that my colleagues have been requesting almost the whole time I have been in Uganda. People recognize the importance of having computer skills these days but have little opportunity to gain them. Plus, a good resource centre should really provide the best and most current information for people...that requires internet!

Here's your opportunity to DIRECTLY impact the lives of villagers in Africa! Please take a moment and go to www.peacecorps.gov\contribute. Donate and spread the word!!

No comments: