PEPFAR girls as of March 2008!

PEPFAR girls as of March 2008!
Ok, Hannah's missing and Jess (far right) just went home, so we're 7

PEPFAR girls-the original group, all 12 of us!

PEPFAR girls-the original group, all 12 of us!
Training group following the swearing in ceremony at the US Ambassor's residence on Nov. 30, 2006

Monday, July 28, 2008

Please help!

a good friend told me, "life is busy and sometimes we forget to do the things we mean to do". So, here it goes...

I am trying to complete what is called a Peace Corps Partnership Project. My plan is to bring computers and internet to the village. I'll train the people who work and volunteer at my organization in computer and internet use and trouble -shooting techniques. From there, they will train teachers and People Living with HIV/AIDS how to use the computer and internet. It's a fairly low-budget project so I hope that the funding will come through quickly...with support from viewers like you! (Oh yes, I still remember PBS fundraise-a-thons.) This is your chance to DIRECTLY support a project in Africa that will help a community on the road to development! Helping people learn how to use technology gives them a huge step-up in applying for jobs and keeping their CBOs alive. I'm not just going to dump computers on these people; they'll actully learn how to use and maintain them so the project doesn't end before I've left.

Now, here's the kicker. I want to be home for Christmas!! I've missed the past Christmas for the past 3 years with my family in WI! (Are you crying, yet?) If the project doesn't receive funding within the next month I either have to scrap it or extend...which means I miss Christmas for the 4th year! For those of you who would have given me a present think of donating to my project instead. Being home for Christmas is all the gift I need this year! (Ok, there have to be tears by now!)

Go to www.peacecorps.gov\contribute

A little money from a lot of people will go a long way. And that's all I want for Christmas this year!

Stay well!
Christina

No comments: